1 Way to Pray for China This Week
This week we continue praying through China’s major cities with Beijing. Home to the Forbidden City, Tiananmen Square, China’s national government, and so much more, this ancient capital almost encompasses too much to properly introduce. Claiming national importance for at least eight centuries, Beijing is not only China’s most significant city, but a major global force.
Today Beijing is home to more than 18 million people in its urban center and 24 millions across its broader metropolitan area. As China’s political, educational, and economic center, people flock to the city every year in hopes of improving their own and their families’ lives. Meet any Beijinger and you will know that in recent years the city has been plagued by two things: skyrocketing housing costs and extreme pollution. Pray this week for the church to be a strong presence in Beijing with Christians leading to address the issues that oppress its residents.
As you take time this week to pray for Beijing, consider joining us to pray at 10:02am every morning!
How to pray:
- Along with many other Chinese cities, Beijing faces many demographic challenges. As people continue to move to the area in search of work and economic opportunity, the city continues to grow more crowded and social services are increasingly stressed. Pray for good city planning and wise management.
- Pray for the physical reality of Beijing. Pray for the pollution to be addressed with sound solutions. Pray for the health of the population and for good healthcare.
- Pray for Beijing’s government. Pray for wise men and women to lead the city in righteousness. Pray for peace and stability.
- Pray for Beijing’s educational institutions and its student populations.
- Pray for the wealthy in Beijing to show mercy and charity in order to use their wealth for the good of the city. Pray for protection for the poor in Beijing and for their identities as bearers of God’s image to be recognized. Pray for the middle class in Beijing to be just and righteous in the callings God has given to them.
- Pray for the families of Beijing. Pray for men and women to be faithful and loving in their marriages. Pray for children to honor their parents and for parents to wisely guide their children. Pray against a rising divorce rate in China. Pray for single men and women who are desperate to find spouses in a culture that puts great emphasis on marriage.
- Pray for the church in Beijing. Pray for the church to love the city and seek its good. Pray for the church to be bold in serving its neighbors and in proclaiming the good news of Jesus. Pray for unity among the brothers and sisters; for doctrinal soundness and protection against cults; and for wise servant-leaders among the pastorate.