1 Way to Pray for China this Week
This week we continue praying through China’s major cities with Kunming, the capital of Yunnan Province. Known as the Spring city, Kunming boasts some of China’s best weather and atmosphere, making it a destination for Chinese and foreigners alike. The city also sits next to beautiful Dian Lake and includes many parks. Yunnan Province is home to many Chinese ethnic minorities; however, while roughly one third of Yunnan’s registered population is made up of ethnic minorities, only one fifth of Kunming’s registered residents are minorities. Many of Yunnan’s minorities are flocking to Kunming for work, but access to resources remains a challenge for these unregistered migrant laborers.
Take time this week to learn more about China’s ethnic minorities using some of the resources below, and pray for those located in and around Kunming. And consider joining us to pray at 10:02am every morning!
How to pray:
- Pray for the wealthy in Kunming to show mercy and charity and to use their wealth for the good of the city. Pray for protection for the poor and for their identities as bearers of God’s image to be recognized. Pray for the middle class in Kunming to be just and righteous in the callings God has given them.
- Pray for the many foreigners who live in Kunming. Pray for their lives to be touched by the gospel and for many disciples of Jesus to be found among the foreign population. Pray that they will seek the good of the city, rather than use it for their own purposes.
- Pray for Kunming’s government. Pray for wise men and women to lead the city in righteousness. Pray for peace and stability.
- Pray for Kunming’s educational institutions and its student populations.
- Pray for the families of Kunming. Pray for men and women to be faithful and loving in their marriages. Pray for children to honor their parents and for parents to wisely guide their children. Pray for single men and women navigating a city with high work demands and pressures in a culture that puts great emphasis on marriage.
- Pray for the church. Pray for the church to love the city and seek its good. Pray for the church to be bold in serving its neighbors and in proclaiming the good news of Jesus. Pray for theological soundness and for unity among the brothers and sisters.
- Pray for Yunnan’s many ethnic minorities. Pray for economic development that does not overwhelm their cultural distinctiveness. Pray for their cultural identities and languages to be maintained, and for access to education, resources, and opportunities. Pray for the spread of the gospel and for healthy relationships with Han Christians.
- “Kunming, China”
- “In Kunming”