1 Way to Pray for China this Week
This week we continue praying through China’s major cities with the city of Hefei. As the capitol of Anhui Province, Hefei is home to more than 7 million residents; yet, it is not a very well known city, even for Chinese. Anhui’s main industries include agriculture (rice, wheat, and tea) and heavy industry, and along with the rest of China, the area is rapidly urbanizing.
Make sure to read about Hefei in the links below and then pray through the points listed. Maybe even consider doing a “virtual prayer walk” using the YouTube video listed!
How to pray:
- Along with many other Chinese cities, Hefei has grown rapidly and faces many demographic challenges. As people continue to move to the area in search of work and economic opportunity, the city continues to grow more crowded and social services are increasingly stressed. Pray for good city planning and wise management.
- Pray for the physical reality of Hefei as pollution is a particularly looming issue in Anhui. Pray for the pollution to be addressed with sound solutions. Pray for the health of the population and for good healthcare.
- Pray for Hefei’s government. Pray for wise men and women to lead the city in righteousness. Pray for peace and stability.
- Pray for Hefei’s educational institutions and its student populations.
- Pray for the wealthy in Hefei to show mercy and charity in order to use their wealth for the good of the city. Pray for protection for the poor in Hefei and for their identities as bearers of God’s image to be recognized. Pray for the middle class in Hefei to be just and righteous in the callings God has given to them.
- Pray for the families of Hefei. Pray for men and women to be faithful and loving in their marriages. Pray for children to honor their parents and for parents to wisely guide their children. Pray against a rising divorce rate in China. Pray for single men and women who are desperate to find spouses in a culture that puts great emphasis on marriage.
- Pray for the church in Hefei. Pray for the church to love the city and seek its good. Pray for the church to be bold in serving its neighbors and in proclaiming the good news of Jesus. Pray for unity among the brothers and sisters; for doctrinal soundness and protection against cults; and for wise servant-leaders among the pastorate.