1 Way to Pray for China This Week
This week we encourage you to continue in prayer for the city of Tianjin. Last week a massive explosion at a hazardous chemicals warehouse rocked one of the city’s suburbs and launched a series of subsequent explosions and fires. Officials are still attempting to quell the fire, as well as determine the exact cause. At present, the death tolls stands at 112, with 90 people still missing.
How to pray:
- Pray for those who have lost friends and family and for those who are still waiting for news of missing loved ones. Pray also for those who have been injured to recover and to receive good medical care. Pray for families who now have to bear the expenses of funerals and medical care.
- Pray for the firefighters working to stop the fire’s spread. Pray for their safety and protection, as well as for their success. Many have already given their lives.
- Pray for the investigation to reveal the truth and for appropriate and God-honoring justice to be undertaken. Pray that there will be neither scapegoating nor vengeance, but true justice.
- Pray for the city of Tianjin to sustain the damage caused by the explosion and for the uncertainty many feel it brings to the city’s economic future. Pray against corruption and that God would place his sons and daughters in positions of leadership throughout Tianjin.
- Pray for the church in Tianjin to be quick to serve in any way needed. Pray that it would actively seek out the broken and hurting from these incidents in order to make the peace of Christ known.
- “China explosions: What we know about what happened in Tianjin”
- “Death toll in Tianjin explosions reaches 112; more than 90 still missing”
- “China Headlines: China steps up rescue in massive Tianjin blasts”
- “Chinese Officials Ramp Up Investigation Into Tianjin Explosions”
- “China Tianjin blasts: Evacuations as sodium cyanide found”
- “Top executives detained as China investigates Tianjin warehouse blasts”
- “In Tianjin Blasts, a Heavy Toll for Unsuspecting Firefighters”